Home of Fort Leonard Wood!
Host your veterans reunion in Missouri’s Ozarks region! There are so many reasons to choose Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri for your next military reunion!
Location, Location, Location!
Selecting a destination for your military veterans reunion can have a major impact on attendance.
Military groups love reuniting in Pulaski County, Missouri! Central Missouri’s location in the middle of the United States makes travel to your military reunion at Fort Leonard Wood convenient.
Pulaski County is easily accessible. We are the mid-point of Missouri Interstate 44 between Saint Louis and Joplin. Our region is served by St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) and Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF). Commercial jet service is available daily from Lambert International Airport to Waynesville-St. Robert Regional Airport (TBN) on Fort Leonard Wood via Contour Airlines.
Fort Leonard Wood
Fort Leonard Wood has evolved from a small basic training post to a premier Army Center of Excellence. The installation trains 80,000 military and civilians each year.
John B. Mahaffey Museum Complex is the only location in the world with 3 U.S. Army branch museums- U.S. Army Engineer Museum, U.S. Army Chemical Corps Museum, and U.S. Army Military Police Corps Regimental Museum.
Piney Valley Golf Course is an 18-hole, par 72, championship course. The course runs through a scenic Ozark Mountain valley along the Big Piney River.
Easy on the Budget!
Pulaski County’s variety of activities will leave your attendees and their spouses with memorable experiences.
Our scenic beauty provides the perfect backdrop for your military reunion. Our slower Ozarks pace leaves you time to reunite and reconnect with your brothers in sisters-in-arms. Many other regional attractions, including the St. James Wine Region, are a short drive away.
Pulaski County was recognized by Military Order of the Purple Heart as Missouri’s first Purple Heart County in 2013. Saint Robert, Waynesville, Crocker, and Dixon have each been designated as Purple Heart Cities.
Home to Heroes
Throughout the county you will discover military museums, memorials, and tributes including:
- Memorial Grove (Fort Leonard Wood)
- World War II Complex (Fort Leonard Wood)
- Joint Services Park (Fort Leonard Wood)
- African American Soldiers Monument (Saint Robert)
- Freedom Rock (Saint Robert)
- Korean War Memorial (Waynesville)
- Purple Heart Memorial (Waynesville)
Boots on the Ground
Consider us your boots on the ground as you plan and execute your reunion.
Pulaski County Tourism Bureau’s Reunion Coordinator, Karen Hood, a Certified Travel Industry Specialist provides complimentary services and expertise in planning your military reunion.
The Bureau’s partnership with Fort Leonard Wood provides us with many advantages in coordinating a memorable and successful event. Our experienced team can assist you with many aspects of the planning process.
Pulaski County Free Bureau Services
- Itinerary Planning and Packaging- Our Certified Travel Industry Specialist will customize an itinerary to meet your reunion group’s specific interests.
- Spouse Itinerary Options- Planning for spouses with itinerary options and activities.
- Accommodation & Dining Searches- Assisting you locate lodging and dining options to meet your needs and price point.
- Facility Needs- Find facilities that meet your reunion group’s needs.
- Museum Tour Coordination- Working hand in hand with curators to coordinate museum tours for your group.
- Installation Tours- Our office will coordinate installation tours for your military reunion group.
- Airport & Travel Information- Providing you with travel info and resources to Pulaski County.
- Event Specialty Items- FREE lanyards and printing for your group’s name badges.
- Promotional Images- Provide you with Pulaski County promotional images to use in your military reunion marketing, website or Facebook page