Home of Fort Leonard Wood!
Host your veterans reunion in Missouri’s Ozarks region! There are so many reasons to choose Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri for your next military reunion!
Location, Location, Location!
Selecting a destination for your military veterans’ reunion can have a major impact on attendance.
Military groups love reuniting in Pulaski County, Missouri! Central Missouri’s location in the middle of the United States makes travel to your military reunion at Fort Leonard Wood convenient.
Pulaski County is easily accessible. We are the mid-point of Missouri Interstate 44 between Saint Louis and Joplin. Our region is served by St. Louis Lambert International Airport (STL) and Springfield-Branson National Airport (SGF). Commercial jet service is available daily from Chicago International Airport (ORD) to Waynesville-St. Robert Regional Airport (TBN) on Fort Leonard Wood via SkyWest Airlines.
Fort Leonard Wood
Fort Leonard Wood has evolved from a small basic training post to a premier Army Center of Excellence. The installation trains 80,000 military and civilians each year.
John B. Mahaffey Museum Complex is the only location in the world with 3 U.S. Army branch museums- U.S. Army Engineer Museum, U.S. Army Chemical Corps Museum, and U.S. Army Military Police Corps Regimental Museum.
Piney Valley Golf Course is an 18-hole, par 72, championship course. The course runs through a scenic Ozark Mountain valley along the Big Piney River.
Easy on the Budget!
Pulaski County’s variety of activities will leave your attendees and their spouses with memorable experiences.
Our scenic beauty provides the perfect backdrop for your military reunion. Our slower Ozarks pace leaves you time to reunite and reconnect with your brothers in sisters-in-arms. Many other regional attractions, including the St. James Wine Region, are a short drive away.
Pulaski County was recognized by the Military Order of the Purple Heart as Missouri’s first Purple Heart County in 2013. Saint Robert, Waynesville, Crocker, and Dixon have each been designated as Purple Heart Cities.
Home to Heroes
Throughout the county, you will discover military museums, memorials, and tributes including:
- Memorial Grove (Fort Leonard Wood)
- African American Soldiers Monument (Saint Robert)
- Freedom Rock (Saint Robert)
- Missouri State Veterans Cemetery (Waynesville)
- Korean War Memorial (Waynesville)
- Purple Heart Memorial (Waynesville)
Boots on the Ground
Consider us your boots on the ground as you plan and execute your reunion. Staff is ready to assist you with your RFP needs and referral services.
Fort Leonard Wood access: To book access to the installation call the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence at 573-563-6157. In addition, the Engineer, Military Police, and Chemical Corp Associations are excellent resources to connect with while planning your next Military Reunion.
Pulaski County Free Bureau Services
- Itinerary Referral Information- Connect you with area businesses and organizations to meet your reunion group’s specific interests.
- Spouse Itinerary Options- Fun and engaging itinerary options and activities.
- Accommodation & Dining Searches- Assisting you locate lodging and dining options to meet your needs and price point.
- Facility Needs- Find facilities that meet your reunion group’s needs.
- Museum Tour Coordination- Connect you with Pulaski County museum curators.
- Installation Tours and Access – To book your tour and access to the installation call the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence at 573-563-6157.
- Airport & Travel Information- Providing you with travel info and resources to Pulaski County.
- Event Specialty Items- FREE lanyards and printing for your group’s name badges.
- Promotional Images- Provide you with Pulaski County promotional images to use in your military reunion marketing, website or Facebook page.