Pulaski County Loves Buses!
Pulaski County is a memorable motorcoach group travel destination in Missouri’s Ozarks! There are so many reasons to include us in your group travel itinerary!
Location, Location, Location!
Motorcoaches love our convenient and easily accessible location along Missouri’s Interstate 44. Pulaski County is the midpoint of I-44 between Saint Louis and Joplin. Pulaski County’s variety of activities will leave your guests with memorable experiences.
We are ideal for your quick-stop as you may your way to another destination, a day trip, mystery tour, or multi-night stay in central Missouri. Just 121 miles away from Branson, we are a welcome comfort stop along the way to your next destination. Many other regional attractions, including the St. James Wine Region, are a short drive away.
Comfort Stop – Stop & Go, Overnight or Fuel Up
With over 20 franchised hotel properties to choose from, offering easy access to and from Interstate 44, St. Robert, Missouri makes the perfect overnight stop between destinations. Motorcoach-friendly restaurants from well-known franchises to unique eats for a quick lunch stop, or a more relaxing evening dinner are available throughout St. Robert and Waynesville.
Get to know Pulaski County, with quick in and out comfort stops along I-44. Arrange your stop with the Pulaski County Visitors Center by calling 573.336.6355, Other locations with easy in and out access include: Road Ranger Truck Stop, Uranus Missouri, and Oasis Travel Plaza.
Distance from these popular cities:
Jefferson City – 69
Springfield MO – 85
Branson – 121
St. Louis – 132 Kansas City – 200
Springfield IL – 228
Tulsa – 263
Memphis – 282
Fort Smith – 284 Little Rock – 293
Des Moines – 324 Wichita – 329
OK City – 369 Indianapolis – 374
Chicago – 428
Explore Central Missouri
- Experience the legendary Mother Road! 33 miles of history and unique stops. Turn by turn directions, printed guide with historic pictures and audio tour are available free of charge to enhance your trip along Historic Route 66
- Laughlin Park is home to Waynesville’s Trail of Tears Memorial. This site is one of only seven National Park Service certified historic Trail of Tears sites in Missouri. A concrete pathway leads to 3 storyboards at the memorial. Additional storyboards are located along a concrete pathway, with the beautiful Rouboudix Creek as the backdrop.
- Fort Leonard Wood will stir your guests’ patriotic pride. Tour three world-class military museums. To book your tour and access to the installation call the U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence at 573-563-6157. Requests must be received 45 days in advance.
- Explore walkable historic downtown Waynesville! Your guests will love roaming the charming public square. Antique stores, unique boutiques, and restaurants provide your guests souvenir shopping opportunities and a chance to sip Missouri wines and craft beers.
Enjoy Pulaski’s Ozark Charm
- Ozark’s natural scenic beauty
- Rich local history
- Fun stops & photo ops
- International & Ozarks flavors
- Complimentary goody bags
- Comfort stop
- Welcome recept
- Refreshing accommodations
Group Friendly Experiences
Pulaski County Museum
Pulaski County Museum provides your guests a look back in time at Pulaski County’s rich history. This experience can be guided or on your own $4pp, $50 minimum. 1-hour tour, max 20-25 people.
Old Stagecoach Stop
The oldest “stop” on Missouri’s Route 66, the Old Stagecoach Stop’s docents, dressed in period clothing, reveal the building’s bounteous history. $4pp, $50 minimum. 1-hour tour, max 20-25 people.
Heritage Cultural Arts Center
Heritage Cultural Art Center is a branch of the Trail of Tears Memorial in Jerome, Missouri. The center features works of art depicting Native American healing and spirituality. To book your tour and music demonstration call 573.336.6355
Trail of Tears Memorial
Your guests will be moved by their experience at Waynesville’s Trail of Tears Memorial. Seven storyboards along a concrete walking trail describe the tragedy of the Trail of Tears.
Historic Route 66 Step-On Guided Tour
Experience the legendary Mother Road – Historic Route 66. Experience over 50 stops along Pulaski County’s 33 miles by using the Tourism Bureau Route 66 Travel Tools.
Army Installation Tours & WWII Complex
A memorable experience for your guests, as you tour three world-class military museums. To book your group call U.S. Army Maneuver Support Center of Excellence at 573-563-6157. Requests must be received 45 days in advance.
A classic Ozarks experience! Enjoy a leisurely canoe, kayak, or rafting float trip on the gentle Big Piney or Gasconade rivers! We have several outfitters to serve your group’s paddle sports needs.
Uranus Fudge Factory
Uranus is a must-stop on Route 66. The complex is a nod to the tourist traps along the highway during its heyday. Browse the Fudge Factory and General Store, visit the Sideshow Museum or play a round of miniature golf.
Pulaski County Free Bureau Services
- Itinerary Referrals- Connect you with area businesses for fun activities for your group to enjoy and experience.
- Accommodation & Dining Searches- Assist with locating lodging and dining venues to meet your needs and price point.
- Museum Tour Coordination- Connect you with Pulaski County museum curators.
- Regional Itinerary Assistance- Make Pulaski County your tour destination! We can assist you with hub and spoke trips to visit our wonderful, regional neighbors.
- Welcome Reception- Start your group’s journey at our modern Visitors Center. Our hospitality team will make your group feel special with customized goody bags and refreshments. Browse four rooms of information in our museum-like center. Souvenirs are available for purchase. Motorcoach parking on-site.
- Site Visits- Coordinate site visits with local lodging and venue locations.
- Promotional Images- We can provide you with Pulaski County, Missouri promotional images to use in your tour marketing, website, or Facebook page.