Missouri will reopen economic and social activity on May 4th under Governor Mike Parson’s “Show Me Strong Recovery” plan. Pulaski County Tourism Bureau’s Visitors Center will reopen, with limited services, May 4th as part of this plan. We will resume our normal hours of operation to serve travelers, tourists, and visitors Monday-Friday between the hours of 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m.
Pulaski County has always been a “Welcome Place in America’s Heartland” and we continue this core philosophy.
We believe that a getaway to our charming, small communities in the Ozark Mountain region is a perfect way to reintroduce your family to travel and exploration. We invite you to stop by our Visitors Center (137 St. Robert Blvd., Saint Robert, Missouri) when you arrive in Pulaski County.
Visitors Center Procedures
For the safety of our tourists, travelers, visitors, and employees during the COVID-19 pandemic, Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center is instituting the following procedures until further notice:
- Visitors may choose to use our curbside Tourist Information service.
- One travel party at a time will be allowed to enter.
- Visitors will be greeted just inside the door at the Welcome Table.
- Visitors will be asked to voluntary provide information to assist in contact tracing IF THE NEED ARISES. (Information is collected only for notification of possible COVID-19 related concerns. Information will not be used for any other reason.)
- A Visitors Center Representative will determine the travel information needed, gather the information, and present the bag of information for you to continue your visit to Pulaski County or travel throughout the state of Missouri.
- Restroom facilities: One restroom has been designated as the Family Restroom. One adult and child may enter to use the restroom or two adults from the same travel party.
- Retail Room: One visitor may enter the retail area.
- Visitor Center Representatives will apply hand sanitizer prior to gathering travel literature.
- Welcome Table and interior/exterior door handles will be disinfected upon travel party departure.
- The Family Restroom will be disinfected upon travel party departure.
- Point-of-Sale equipment is electronic. Signing instrument will be disinfected after every use.
Employee Guidelines for Visitor Safety
- While interacting with visitors Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitor Center staff will wear masks.
- Staff are required to stay within a 60-mile radius of the Visitors Center. Travel outside the 60-mile radius will be reported to supervisor.
- Staff will not come to work sick.
Pulaski County businesses are open. Remain cognizant of social distancing and cleanliness for yourself and others. Masks are encouraged.
- Lodging is plentiful. Safety guidelines for lodging accommodations from Pulaski County Health Center can be found here: https://visitpulaskicounty.org/guidelines-for-pulaski-county-missouri-lodging-outfitters/
- Outdoor recreation is encouraged- fishing, walking, river floats, golf, etc. Safety guidelines for outfitters from Pulaski County Health Center can be found here: https://visitpulaskicounty.org/guidelines-for-pulaski-county-missouri-lodging-outfitters/
- Indoor recreation is limited- call ahead to confirm.
- Shopping is available- limitations of 25% occupancy.
- Restaurants are open- dine-in is offered at 25% occupancy at some locations and changes daily. Most continue to offer curbside, take-out, and delivery options. Call ahead to confirm. Food establishment guidelines from Pulaski County Health Center can be found here: https://visitpulaskicounty.org/guidelines-for-pulaski-county-missouri-food-establishments/
- Personal Services are open. Call ahead to confirm services and procedures.
Please be advised to call ahead to determine availability of businesses you plan to visit. Due to varying community requirements, or business owner ability, full services may not be available. Many of these services are changing daily.
Pulaski County Tourism Bureau & Visitors Center will continue to monitor the situation and will tighten or relax procedures as needed.